ABOUT THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT – SCOPE OF APPLICATION
Kappa Data considers the protection of your privacy very important. We strive to process your personal data in a legal, fair and transparent manner.
The current Privacy Statement covers all personal data collected and processed by Kappa Data Holding, with head office at Grote Steenweg 18, 9840 De Pinte, Belgium, registered in the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises under the number 0667.661.886, and all entities of the Kappa Data group (of which a list can be found here https://www.kappadata.be/kappa-data-holding/ (hereafter commonly referred to as “Kappa Data”).
In this Privacy Statement we explain what information we collect about you, how we use that information and to whom we provide this information. In this Privacy Statement, you will also find what rights you have and how you can exercise them.
‘Personal Data’: all data which makes it possible to identify someone. This includes, but not exclusively, information such as name, address, company name, e-mail address and telephone number, but also other information such as IP address, information about the business sector, etc.
‘Controller’: the one who determines the objective and the means (the ‘what’, the ‘how’ and the ‘why’) of the processing of Personal Data.
‘Processor’: the one who processes the data. This can be Kappa Data (as service provider), or a third party that processes data according to the instructions of Kappa Data.
For questions regarding this Privacy Statement you can contact us via email@example.com.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The website https://www.kappadata.be/ (excluding any linked sites) is administered by Kappa Data Holding, a company based in Belgium, with registered office at Grote Steenweg 18, 9840 De Pinte, registered in the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises under the number 0667.661.886, which is also the Controller of the Personal Data gathered about you through this website and processed in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
All entities of the Kappa Data group (of which a list can be found here https://www.kappadata.be/kappa-data-holding/) shall process your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Depending on which entity of the Kappa Data group you deal with, such entity shall act as the (joint) Controller of the Personal Data gathered about you.
Kappa Data can be contacted by mail, by phone +32 (0)9 243 42 10, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by a contact form on the website https://www.kappadata.be/contact.
Specifically, with regard to the Privacy Statement, instead of the above contact details, the following person can also be contacted:
Data protection responsible person: Patrick Casteels
HOW PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
Kappa Data collects your Personal Data in the context of:
- The placing of an order or the request for a quotation;
- A visit to our website or the completion of the contact form on the website;
- The exchange of business cards;
- Any other form of correspondence or taking contact (i.e. by phone, e-mail, mail, LinkedIn);
- A collaboration with a commercial partner (agents, distributors,…);
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT ARE COLLECTED
The kind of data Kappa Data collects depends on the context of your interactions with us, the method of contact and the information provided by you.
Kappa Data processes Personal Data of natural persons with whom we have, or wish to have a direct or indirect relationship, in the future.
This concerns both the Personal Data of the contact persons specified by its customers and suppliers, but also the contact persons of its potential customers and the Personal Data of potential employees.
Kappa Data will at all times limit the number of Personal data processed to what is necessary to provide a high-quality service.
Kappa Data may collect or obtain the following Personal Data from you:
- Personal and professional identification data (name, first name, gender, domicile or residence address, e-mail address, mobile and fix phone number, company name and address, company function and capacity, language, user data)
- Financial data: bank account number
- Information in the context of an application (academic curriculum, professional experience, publications and/or portfolio, personal characteristics, behavioural data, membership of/participation in professional organisations, professional competences)
- Electronic identification data such as:
o IP-address, browser, operating system and other information related to the device used to access the website or related to the external link that referred to the website
o Domain name
o Time of connection and of visit to links or content on our website
The above Personal Data will be processed by us amongst others for following purposes:
- to serve our clients: Kappa Data collects Personal Data to manage its customers and to communicate with its customers
- to maintain and improve our customer and supplier relationship and to communicate with the person concerned
- to manage lists of potential customers, suppliers or contract partners
- to handle orders and deliveries, to prepare quotations, tenders, delivery and order forms, to provide after-sales service
- for general administration, accounting and invoicing purposes, to comply with administrative, financial and fiscal obligations
- for marketing purposes, including direct marketing, f.i. to inform the persons concerned regarding promotions, actions or changes related to the products or services offered in which the persons concerned are interested, by sending mailings, newsletters and/or promotional brochures
- to allow easy access to the website and to improve the quality of our service
- for evaluation or to enable satisfaction surveys
- for dispute management or to handle complaints
- for recruitment and selection purposes.
In the event that Kappa Data uses your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you always have the right to object against this processing via a simple request (possibility to ‘unsubscribe’).
Depending on the information you provided us (telephone number, postal address, mobile phone number, e-mail address), we may contact you through the channels concerned (by telephone, post, text message or e-mail) in order to inform you about our products or about future events, promotions or offers. When sending direct marketing messages, Kappa Data may rely on its legitimate interest in informing existing partners about similar products or services for which Kappa Data and the partners in question had contact before.
For each purpose, the legal basis for the processing can be one of the following:
- Your freely given consent for the processing
- The performance of a contract
- Compliance with legal obligations
- A legitimate interest pursued by Kappa Data, in which case we seek a balance between that interest and respect for your privacy
When the legal basis for the processing is based on your freely given consent, you always have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. This can be done through a simple request to Kappa Data, using the contact information described in this Privacy Statement.
We collect and use your Personal Data only for the abovementioned purposes, unless we receive your unambiguous and freely given consent to use your Personal Data for other purposes or unless the processing is necessary in order to comply with an obligation imposed by current regulation.
ACCESS BY AND TRANSFER TO THIRD PARTIES
Kappa Data does not sell, trade or market your Personal Data.
The processed Personal Data may for the purposes describes in this Privacy Statement only be transferred to the following recipients:
- other entities in the Kappa Data group (Kappa Data and each entity directly or indirectly controlled by Kappa Data of which a list can be found here https://www.kappadata.be/kappa-data-holding/)
- Person concerned
- Processors, who are appealed to, for a specific mandate (e.g. a marketing agency, IT service providers (such as license providers), carriers, etc.) or who act as commercial partners of Kappa Data (official distributors, suppliers, etc.).
The above-mentioned Processors act exclusively under instructions from and on behalf of Kappa Data. Kappa Data guarantees the following with regard to the processing of Personal Data by these Processors:
- In its agreements with these third parties, Kappa Data has made clear arrangements regarding the quality of data processing in accordance with the obligations imposed by the relevant privacy legislation;
- The third parties can exclusively use the data for the purposes as determined by Kappa Data and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- The third parties only receive the information that is needed to perform their assignment.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is possible that Kappa Data must make your Personal Data public to the competent authorities (i) when Kappa Data is obliged to do so on the basis of the law or in the context of judicial proceedings and (ii) in order to protect and defend the rights of Kappa Data.
In the event of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, or any other transaction that results in a change in control or ownership of Kappa Data or an entity of the Kappa Data group, in whole or in part; or in the event of a corporate reorganization, bankruptcy, insolvency proceeding, or similar circumstance occurring to Kappa Data or an entity of the Kappa Data group, your Personal Data may be transferred to a third party if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law.
TRANSFER TO THIRD COUNTRIES
Any transfer of Personal Data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient who has his domicile or registered office in a country which is not covered by an adequacy decision, issued by the European Commission, will be governed by the provisions of a transfer agreement, which (i) will contain standard contractual clauses as set out in the Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/914 of 4 June 2021 on standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, or (ii) is based on any other mechanism on the basis of the privacy legislation or any other legislation concerning the processing of personal data.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Kappa Data does not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes as stated in this privacy statement, unless (i) in case of consent, (ii) if a longer retention period is required or justified in the context of a prescription or expiry period foreseen by law or other obligations in applicable regulations.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
Kappa Data takes all reasonable technical security measures to the best of its ability to ensure the protection of your Personal Data.
The Personal Data provided to Kappa Data will be retained at Kappa Data and if applicable, at servers of the Processor on servers in Belgium or the European Union.
You must comply with the safety regulations at all times and ensure that any unauthorized access to your login and password is prevented.
The following rights can be exercised by contacting us via email@example.com. A clear identification of yourself is required (e.g. by adding a copy of your identity card) in order to avoid any unauthorised publication of your Personal Data.
Right of access and rectification
You have the right to obtain free access to your Personal Data and to correct any erroneous or incomplete data.
Right of removal and restriction
In certain circumstances you have the right to request that we remove your Personal Data, which will be assessed by Kappa Data and may be refused. You hereby acknowledge that a request for the removal of Personal Data, may imply that certain services and products are not available to you.
You may also request us in certain circumstances to limit the processing of your Personal Data.
Right of objection
In certain circumstances you have the right to oppose the use of your Personal Data. You must give serious and legitimate reasons for this.
You can also oppose to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, for which you do not need to provide any motivation.
Right of transferability
In certain conditions, you have the right to obtain your Personal Data that we process in a structured, current and machine-readable form. You also have the right to transfer this data to other controllers for processing.
Kappa Data commits itself to formulate a reply within the period of one month from receipt of the request, which may consist of:
- The actions taken in positive response to the request; or
- The need to extend the response time by two months in complex cases and the reasons for such an extension; or
- In the event of a negative reply, the reason(s) for the refusal, as well as information on the possibilities of submitting a complaint to the supervisory authority or lodging an appeal with the court.
We ask that individuals under the age of 13 years do not communicate Personal Data to Kappa Data, unless they have the approval of parent(s) or guardian(s). If we notice that we have collected the Personal Data of a person younger than 13 years without such consent, we will delete this data as soon as possible.
If you do not agree with the way Kappa Data collects, uses and/or processes your Personal Data, you can of course contact us using the contact information described in this Privacy Statement.
In addition, you have the possibility to file a complaint to the supervisory authority, which you can contact via the details below:
Tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35
STAY INFORMED OF CHANGES
Kappa Data reserves itself the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time, for example in response to market trends and new processing activities. Therefore, we invite you to always consult the latest version of this Privacy Statement which is made available on our website and of which you can receive a copy on simple request. Of course, we will inform you beforehand through our website or other current communication channels of any changes of the content and we ask, if required by law, your prior consent for our (new) processing activities.